August 1, 2012

When he was three...









 I want to remember he was absolutely obsessed, like OCD obsessed, with orcas. Don't dare call them killer whales. He has little ones he bathes with and a big stuffed one that he sleeps with each night. His preschool has several orca whale toys and he has claimed every last one of them to the point that the other kids call the whales, Luke's Orcas.

I want to remember that he called hummingbirds "honey birds". I loved it so much that I never corrected him.

I want to remember how his teacher, Miss Stephanie would ask me how I can go to work each and every day and leave this amazing little man. How another one of his teachers, Miss Jenn, would tell me she hopes he never loses his LOVE FOR LIFE. He does every activity with passion, enthusiasm, and gusto.

I want to recall that he learned a little French the summer that he turned three. Apparently he liked to scream BON JOUR while chapel was in session.

I want to remember that he only had one level and that was really really loud. He was incapable of using his "inside voice".

I want to remember that he was not a morning person nor did he wake up from his afternoon naps or any sleepy time without immediately going into a crying fit.

I want to have memories of how he greeted his brother each and every morning with "My Owen". In fact, he did this at school whenever he saw Owen pass by his classroom.


I want to remember that he loved fruits and vegetables -- always finishing those on his plate first.

I want to remember that he loved to sing throughout the house.

He was silly, goofy and was constantly laughing at himself.

Happy Birthday my beautiful baby boy!



2 comments:

  1. And you need to also remember how a Momma's love shows through in all the little actions and all the things she doesn't want to forget! He's a lucky boy to have you as HIS! :-)

    Such a sweet way to remember all the special somethings about Luke at this exciting age!

    ReplyDelete