January 6, 2013

Christmas Vacation

What I love most about writing is the fact that I get to relive each moment I spend with my boys. I not only get to experience them in real time but each time I put pen to paper, or in my case fingertips to computer keys I get to recall the details of each photograph that was taken or snapshot in my mind.

Writing and photography affords me the precious opportunity to also rewrite our days and hold a bit tighter the sweet nuggets that happened in the middle of all the absolute craziness.


Perspective…




Unlike any other Christmas, I was able to spend a full fourteen uninterrupted days with my boys. Count them, 1…2…3…4…5…14 days!

I wouldn’t be honest if I didn’t say that some of those days seemed very, very long.

Two rambunctious and energetic boys that on occasion: fought, screamed, cried, were noisy, took naps, didn’t take naps, ate what seemed like every two hours, argued, played, colored, put together puzzles, were silly, were naughty, painted, read, went to the park, giggled (a lot), talked (sometimes incessantly), watched movies and cartoons, sang, were loud, got dirty, stayed in jammies all day, fed ducks, wrestled, built forts, and made {BIG} messes. 



















Tomorrow my home will be empty of any of this life and I’m already thinking I’m going to miss the commotion. Sure, I have little projects that I plan on doing this week while I’m on furlough-ed time and I will be quite content not having to pick up toys, food, and clothes all-day-long… but I know that as soon as I drop them off at school I’m going to be thinking about them, wondering what they are doing, who they are talking to, missing their sweet voices, wishing they were at home hanging out with me. 



What I would give for another fourteen days, well maybe thirteen…cuz’ this mama doesn’t mind one day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment