January 9, 2013

To the Hair Salon Customers...

I apologize.

I am so sorry that we disturbed your quiet and restorative place of beauty with the wailing and screaming of a 3-year old boy this afternoon. Granted, it was only for about 15 minutes, but I can understand why you thought that I might be torturing my son with a hair cut given that his older brother sat there, just twenty minutes earlier, quietly reading a book and telling our beloved hairdresser about his favorite animals. 

Beloved hairdresser: Owen what’s your favorite animals?
Owen: Sea Turtles, Sharks, and the Octopuses
Beloved hairdresser: Why do you like the sea turtle?
Owen: I like the sea turtle because it travels fast in the sea currents
Beloved hairdresser: And why the shark?
Owen: because the shark is fast
Beloved hairdresser: the octopuses?
Owen: they hide quickly…I like things that are fast…I am going to be a “triathlon” when I grow up because I’m fast. 

 

And then there was Luke…he sounded as if someone was cutting off his ears with the hair shears... 


He had a bad day… 

A bad day that included a “naughty” note sent home from school outlining an epic all-day battle between a stubborn 3-year old and his teacher….a tug-of-war concerning a {stupid} plastic spider man toy that couldn’t quite stay put in a small, designated cubby.

The outcome, teacher 1: Luke 0.

For those of you that know Luke, this did not go over well, especially when his teacher took the spider man toy away for the entire day. Oh she did! And as a result, little man was super frustrated and angry and was finished with people telling him what to do…thus the screaming at the salon.

 

Again, my apologies…thank you for only giving me a few exasperated looks. Your tolerance was greatly appreciated as this haircut was desperately needed so that my boys only act not look like wild crazy loons.

No comments:

Post a Comment